Timeless Content: Focus On This For Unlimited Profits
Even if you’re new to the blogging world, you’ve probably heard the phrase, “Content is King.” This is one aspect of blogging that hasn’t changed since the beginning. That being said, not all content is created equal, especially now that blogging is much more popular. There seems to be an infinite amount of content already available, so in order to be successful, you MUST publish high-quality, unique articles on your blog.
Focusing on timeless content is a smart approach, because when your top quality articles are still useful tomorrow, next week and next year, they keep bringing readers in and they keep adding value to your blog. Seasonal content has its place, but there’s just no limit to the traffic and readership quality and timeless content can bring you.
There are a few types of posts that are useful to stick to. As long as the topic is timeless, your post will be, too. These include:
- List posts – Lists relevant to a timeless subject are a great starting point for adding timeless content to your blog. Especially useful are posts that list to other timeless content from other writers in the blogosphere.
- How-To – Informative posts that teach readers how to do something are usually pretty timeless as well. Again, as long as the issue you’re addressing is timeless, your post will be, too.
- Definition – Defining a timeless term related to your niche is one of the most useful things you can do on your blog. Don’t be afraid to be incredibly simple – What is A Blog? is one example of this type of post. Posts like these bring in readers who are just getting started in your niche, and those beginners who learn the basics from you will naturally see you as an expert and view your blog as an ultimate resource.
What’s Not Timeless?
To give you a better idea of the kinds of topics to focus on, here are a few examples of content that isn’t timeless:
- Gift guides
- Most political topics
- Current events/News
- How-to posts that focus on current changes, for example: the Facebook timeline
While these are all potentially good starting points for great blog posts, they just aren’t what you want to be writing about if you want to add timeless content to your blog.
How to Make Your Posts Appear More Timeless
While you need to consider the topics you write about carefully, there are also a few “tricks” you can implement on your blog to make your content appear more timeless. Here are a few ideas:
- Remove the timestamp from your posts or move it to the bottom so readers don’t associate the date with the article from the start.
- Keep your sidebar updated. If you have buttons in your bar advertising a course you offered 3 weeks ago (or worse, longer!), any content is going to appear dated.
- Remove dated archives from your sidebar. It’s best to just discourage associating your content with the date it was written as much as you can.
Last, don’t be afraid to go back and edit content if there are changes that would make it more timeless. If new information about a subject surfaces that would make your post more useful, by all means, add it! Doing adds enormous value to your blog.
When you're learning how to blog online for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog and make money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to blog for money, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.