Stand Out: 10 Ways To Improve Your Blog
Blogging has become the thing to do in recent years. This means that you have a wide amount of competition as you begin your new venture. That could make it hard for you to succeed if your blog falls through the cracks along with hundreds, and possibly thousands, of others. You need to stand out from the crowd. The best way for this to happen is for you to know what you are doing ahead of time. There are ten things you can do from the start to help your blog be more noticeable.
- One of the biggest mistakes that bloggers make is trying to imitate those that were previously successful. Skip this and create your own original idea. When you focus on your own idea you are giving readers something new and fresh to look at. They do not want another blog that is the same as their old favorites.
- Along the same lines, you want to keep your topics unique. If you post the same topic in a day that 50 other blogs are posting then you better be certain that yours is top of the line. It is much easier to find unique topics and give readers something new to read.
- The name of your blog is one way to attract immediate attention. Think of some of the blogs you enjoy and see if you remember the names easily. It should be easy to remember while still being catchy and creative. This alone could make people visit simply to see what it is about.
- Design your blog like a professional. If you want people to take you seriously then it is important to look serious. If you cannot do this yourself then pay someone else to. You do not want people to associate your blog with a diary kept by a bored individual. The best way around this is to ensure that it looks professional from day one.
- That also means skip over the free hosting. Spend the extra money to host your blog on your own domain. It will not seem important in the beginning when you are getting started, but as your blog grows you will be glad you did.
- As you are writing keep your readers in mind. You are not writing for yourself or even for advertisers. You are writing for the readers. Without them, there is no blog or income. Write what they want and say it in a way that they want to hear it.
- Another way to grab attention is through your headlines. If your headlines tease the reader then they will continue to visit and see what the story is about. Never tell too much in a title. This gives them no reason to read further. Grab their attention and make them want to keep checking out your site.
- Stay consistent in all ways. Keep your writing style the same, post on a regular schedule and always stick to your topic. Consistency is often what sets apart successful blogs from those that fail quickly.
- Don’t be afraid to get personal with your readers. Let them see your true personality. Interact with them whenever possible to make them feel welcome and included. This could be what makes you special over everyone else.
- Finally, promote as much as possible. Anytime you get a chance to tell someone about your blog do it. The more you get your name out there, the more likely you are to be noticed.
When you're learning how to blog online for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a successful blog for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money with a blog, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.