Blog Credibility: 10 Secrets To Build It
It should come as no surprise that your credibility will play a vital role in whether or not your blog is successful. After all, who is going to look to you for information if they have no faith in what you say? That is what makes creating and building credibility so important. The key is to know how to do that. There are ten secrets that are guaranteed to help you build the credibility you need so that your blog can become a success.
- Guest post: Contact blogs in your niche that are well known and well respected. See if they would allow you to guest post. If so, write an informative and entertaining post that will draw people in. Do not make this a one-time thing. Take advantage as often as possible.
- Get personal: Your readers want to know about you. If you are secretive then it is in their nature not to trust you. Rather than hiding things, open up. Give them all of the information that they will want or need right on your page. Those bloggers who open up are more easily accepted by readers than those who keep things private.
- Write what you know: It can never be said enough that you should always focus on what you know. It has been told to aspiring authors for years and now has a role in blogging. If you do not know the topic or understand it then you will never gain credibility as a source of information.
- Take advantage of memberships: The more professional credentials you have, the better you will look ‘on paper’. There are always organizations, groups and other memberships that you can take part in related to your niche. Do so and then share that status with your readers.
- You are judged by the company you keep: If you are known to associate with those who are well respected and revered in the niche then you will be viewed as the same. If you tend to associate with those who are looked at as irresponsible and unreliable then you will find the same is thought of you.
- Share your knowledge: If you have the time, write about what you know. Make it a book, document that you share or any other type of information you can share. People will immediately trust you more if you have credentials on the topic.
- Talk about your topic: Take the opportunity to share your knowledge any chance you get. Sign up to speak at colleges or conferences. Do interviews. Anything that will let you get out and share what you know verbally.
- Get as much press as possible: You can contact your local paper if you have something newsworthy to share. There are online news sources and magazines that you can be featured in as well. The more press you get and the more your name is spoken, the better your credibility will be.
- Build readers: The simple fact is that no matter how reliable your information, if you have no readers people will be less likely to trust you. Get those visitors to sign up. You may have to find the right enticement, but once you do others will begin to flock to your site.
- Prove yourself: Sometimes time is all it takes. Sit back and work hard at all of it. Over time you will become known as the expert that you already knew you were.
When you're learning how to blog online for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start blogging for money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to blog for money, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.