In order to grow your online business, you’ll certainly have to develop business partnerships. No one ever became ultra successful by working hidden in a cave. However, when talking to potential business partners, you have to be very careful about the words you are using, as some of them could have dramatic consequences on a potential partnership.
- Maybe: Using this word on a regular basis will have highly negative consequences on your image. You’ll appear as an uncertain person. Think about it for a second: would you want to partner with someone who is not confident in their own abilities?
- Later: This word will have the same consequences as the word “maybe”. You will appear as an uncertain person with a passive attitude. You certainly do not want to be the guy who is afraid to take action. Have confidence in yourself and people will have confidence in you.
- Average: Who wants to work with an average company which produces average results? “Good enough” is not what people are looking for when they are considering a potential partner. People want the best!
- Excuse: “We made this mistake in the past, but we have that as an excuse” is a sentence you should never use when dealing with potential business partners. You fucked up a situation, then you should take full responsibility, there is no excuse. Show that you are a man.
- Cheap: this word is a double-edge sword. While you may have the impression that you are doing yourself a favor by providing a cheap (as in not expensive) service to your partner, he may understand it as if you are trying to sell him a low quality service. Be very careful.
If you are able to avoid these 5 words you are most likely to leave a positive impression in your partner’s mind.