Picking a profitable niche is not as easy as it seems. There are some times when simply picking a subject from the top of your head won’t fit the purpose and you’ll have to do some more research to find your topic. Here is an easy-to-follow 6 Steps Guide To Picking A Niche.
- Reflect on Yourself: The very first step to pick the right niche for your next blog or website is to think about yourself. You need to take some time to define what makes you unique. If needed, take a piece of paper and write down the essential things about yourself: what you like, what are your interests, what are your goals long term or short term, what are your passions. If you are able to pinpoint what really matters to you, you’ll be one step closer to picking the right niche.
- Study The Market: Now that you have a list of possible topics, probably ordered by level of interest, you need to check what’s already going on in your niche. Is it saturated or not? Is there a sufficient audience? This step will let you define if there is potential in your niche.
- Learn About Competition: Now that you know there is potential in your market, you need to check what your competitors are already doing in the niche, the angles they are taking. If you find an original angle that is left out by the competition, you may be sitting on a golden egg.
- Think About Your Motivation: Will you be able to keep a decent posting schedule to keep your audience entertained? I know it always seems do-able when you are just starting, but you need to think long-term. In 6 months, your motivation may not be the same, so you have to be prepared but not putting too much pressure on yourself from the very beginning.
- What About Monetization? For this step, you have to think about the methods you will be using to monetize your project. If your goal is to make a little extra-money every month or to work on this project full-time, you need to know how you will actually be making money from it. Will you use Affiliate Programs? Adsense? Direct Advertising Sales?
- Choose your niche! If you successfully reached this step and found answers for the previous ones, all you need to do is choosing the niche!
I hope this quick guide will help you pick the niche for your next project! This is not an absolute guide but this definitely helps me every time I want to launch a new project, now is your turn.