Lots of internet marketing gurus will tell you that Facebook is a great source of high quality, targeted traffic.
The problem is, they don’t tell you how hard it is to implement a successful Facebook marketing campaign. Let’s not beat about the bush here – getting traffic from Facebook to your own website is definitely not easy – but it’s not impossible.
When done right Facebook marketing can send torrents of traffic your way for huge profits.
Decide which road you’re going to go down
There are two different types of Facebook marketing: Free social media marketing, and paid advertising. It’s entirely up to you which route you go down – a lot of businesses try both, whilst some do one or the other.
There really is no right or wrong answer, obviously you’re probably going to get the most traffic by using both techniques in tandem – the only problem is that it’s extremely time consuming, and the Facebook paid advertising side of things isn’t always cheap.
Five quick tips
Getting your Facebook marketing campaign off to a flying start can be difficult – here are five “quick wins” for website owners who want to get started on the right track:
- Dedicate 30 minutes of your day, every day to Facebook marketing: There can be no excuses! If you dedicate 30 minutes of your day, every day, for an entire month, you should certainly start to see some results. Once traction is gained you can gradually spend less time on the campaign – until then, that 30 minutes is crucial.
- Get your friends to like your website’s Facebook page: Getting friends to “like” your Facebook page is important – it’ll have a viral or snowball effect – their friends will like it too and so on.
- Be entertaining: People need a reason to follow a Facebook page – offer money, offer prizes, offer a hot date with yourself – whatever floats your boat. People need a reason to like your Facebook page – think hard about what that reason will be.
- Get a good design: Facebook page design is important. Make sure your page looks professional – pixelated pictures and logos look awful so try to avoid using them.
- Put sharing links on your website: The best way to get people to like your Facebook page is to put social sharing buttons on your website. When people see a social sharing button they’re likely to click it, so make them accessible.
Just stop and think so a second about how long people you know spend on Facebook.
We all know friends and family members who are permanently addicted to Facebook – they seem to spend every spare minute of their lives on the site.
It’s clear therefore that there is a huge market to be exploited – a large pool of people who you can drive to your own website if you execute your social media marketing campaign properly.
Facebook marketing campaigns aren’t easy or quick to implement, but they’re a brilliant source of traffic.