WordPress SEO Strategies: Top 7 for Success
WordPress is one of the most valuable blogging resources available to day, even more so because it is free to use. If you are looking for excellent content management and a great blog tool, go no further than WordPress. Better still, WordPress also has easy-to-use plugins, including some that have a major impact on WordPress search engine optimization.
The first step to a successful blog is making sure that your content is rich with various related keywords, yet still reads as if it were written by a human being. However, posting excellent text in a page that is poorly designed and has excessive images that are not tagged is a surefire way to fail. Here are some more useful SEO tips you can use with you blog to optimize your WordPress SEO:
- WordPress makes it possible for you to adjust all of your content, create permalinks and provides you with more freedom than any other word processing tool online. In order to reap such benefits, all you have to do is install the SEO plugin.
- Revise your permalink to contain vital keywords. In order to do this, simply go to the WordPress control panel and make the necessary changes to the page link. This type of URL receives more search engine hits. In addition, you are creating links and authentic content with permalinks that are rich with keywords.
- When you use images on your blog, it is important to tag them correctly. This is crucial so search engines will be able to read your images. In addition, you should always make sure your photography is of the highest quality.
- Giving customized slugs and interlinking articles is an excellent way to enhance page ranks. How, you ask? Simple, just use the keywords as links to other articles on you blog. You can use the slug section at the bottom of your articles as a tool to provide clean URLs.
- To get better listings with major search engines, use a validated XHTML code. It is sort of an SEO rule. It is easy to do, just go to the W3C and submit the URL for your blog. Then, just let it check to see if it can find any problems that are preventing validation.
- One of the fastest ways for a search engine to sift through your blog and send relevant results to users is to provide a sitemap. A sitemap also helps users navigate your blog effortlessly. When you use the Google XML plugin, it is easy to install the tools that you need to make an EML sitemap.
- Finally, it is important to cache your blog. Other websites have a permanent static page, but your WordPress blog home page changes every time you submit a new post. Caching means that readers who want to see your blog does not have to wait for a new page to load. Caching reduces loading speed and effectively attracts more traffic.
These are just a few tips to help get you started. WordPress has several plugins from which you can choose to ensure your blog is visible and ready to be found by search engines.