Subscription Truth: 7 REAL Reasons Why Visitors Subscribe For More
I’ve written a few posts about how to get more subscribers but they all look at it from the blogger’s viewpoint – what you can do to hook your readers. Let’s take a look at it from the subscriber’s viewpoint for a change: Why do readers really subscribe to your blog?
- They want to be just like you: You’re their idol. Maybe you’re well known in certain circles, like a rock star or a celebrity, and they want to be just like you when they grow up. They follow you in the hopes that they can learn to blog like you so they can attract thousands of followers, too.
- They want to be seen with you: Bloggers are name droppers, too. They like to say things like, “The other day while I was chatting with XYZ A-List Blogger…” They like to make it sound like they’re best friends and they hang out together all the time. In reality, that A-List blogger doesn’t even know the other blogger exists. It’s the same way with readers in every niche. If you’re an A-List blogger people want to be seen with you, they want to be able to drop your name, because they think it makes them look more important.
- They want your knowledge: Some readers follow you because they want your information, which is what we all hope for. These are the subscribers you want to attract.
- They want your freebie: Some readers just follow you because they want that freebie you’re offering to new subscribers. I’ve done it myself and you probably have, too. That’s why it’s so important to understand that you need to pack that freebie with tons of value. These guys have no intention of visiting your blog every day or reading your newsletter – unless you over-deliver in that freebie.
- They want to be entertained: If you can repeatedly make your readers laugh you’ll attract subscribers. People are just naturally attracted to content that makes them laugh. Don’t get all excited, though. Comedy writing is a lot harder than you might think.
- They want to compete with you: Some of your subscribers are going to be following you because they’re your competitors and they want to see what you’re up to. Again, I do this myself, and you should be doing it, too.
- They want to keep tabs on you: Some people subscribe just so they can keep tabs on you. It might be your mom or an ex-girlfriend, and it might be another blogger who’s waiting for you to slip up. I follow one particular blogger for just this reason.
There are all sorts of reasons people subscribe to your blog – some good and some not so good. Most bloggers assume that everyone who subscribes is doing so because they love the content and they’re going to read every single post. But, as you can see, that’s not always the case.
Learn how I made $33,543 online in the past 12 months.
Simply input your best email below to get started.
When you're learning how to blog online for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog and make money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to blog online for money, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.