Social Network Engagement: Is It Really a Good Idea?
As you start building out your web presence, a lot of people start wondering, does social matter?
The short answer is yes.
Many businesses find social a great way to build relations with new and existing customers by running competitions, sharing stories or accomplishments, and announcing new products.
Interacting with your users, customers, and industry partners in an engaging and positive manner can have real world implications for your business.
- Tony runs a bicycle shop and sells a road bike to his customer, Mike.
- Mike loves his new ride, and is an avid user of social networks, especially Google+, where he posts all about his first ride.
- He also gives Tony’s site a +1, which is a virtual version of a recommendation.
- Suddenly, everyone in Mike’s social circles, many of which are avid bikers, can see his post in their own Google+ feeds.
- A few weeks later, Mike’s friend, Susan, performs a search for bicycle pumps and notices a +1 annotation in the search results.
- Trusting Mike’s opinion, she clicks onto Tony’s site and suddenly, he has a new customer.
Adding social functionality to your site can be a great mechanism to engage your users and spread digital word of mouth.
So go ahead, and start connecting with your users.
If you want to increase the traffic to your website, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to get unlimited visitors from Pinterest for as little as $17 (one-time fee). You will get access to a detailed 54-pages guide filled with actionable techniques, written by a traffic generation specialist. Check my Pinterest Traffic Explosion guide now, and learn how to turbo-charge your blog traffic with Pinterest.