Readers Relationship: 5 Ways To Build A Strong One
Contrary to popular belief, blogging is not all about producing the best content ever. Blogging is also a lot about building a strong relationship with your readers and with your fellow bloggers. This is exactly why Dukeo managed to get such a boost from its launch: I was able to build a good relationship with other bloggers right off the bat.
Here is a list of 5 ways to help you build a strong relationship with your readers:
- Get Personal: By essence, creating a relationship with your readers means letting them know about you and your life. This what I started doing by being very personal on my About page. Instead of telling the story of this blog, I am writing about my personal life and the difficulties I had to overcome to be where I am right now.
However, you can push this even forward by having some posts about your personal life from time to time. This is what I do with my “Personal” post category. These posts are not necessary business related but they let my readers know abut what is going on in my life. You want your readers to have the feeling that they know you on a personal level.
- Post Some Pictures Or Videos Of Yourself: Once again, this is something I started doing on my About page, where you can see a picture of me. I am not hiding behind a computer screen, I am putting my face out there so people know that I am being upfront with them. If you want to take that to the next level, you can even post some pictures of you with your family or videos of yourself. I want to post videos on various subjects, but English not being my first language, It’s still harder for me to speak it than write it (and let’s not even talk about my crappy french accent).
- Make Yourself Easily Reachable: The very first least you can do is having a contact form on your blog. But you can easily go beyond that by letting your readers connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin… The more ways they have to reach you, the easier it is to build a relationship.
- Answer Comments: Whenever a reader leaves a comment on your blog, you should answer it. It doesn’t matter if the comment is a question or not, you should always show to your readers that they matter and that you want to interact with them.
- Attend Live Events: This one may appear to be a little complicated since you may not be making money from your blog yet. You should still consider attend to live events because meeting face to face with the people is never the same as connecting through emails or instant messengers. You don’t necessary have to fly across the world. One of the easiest way is to find local meetups in your niche.
Now that you have this list, what are you waiting for to get started building a relationship with your readers? Time to get started!
When you're learning how to blog online for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start blogging for money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money off a blog, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.