Popular Post: 10 Tips to Write It
If you have a great idea for a blog post, you want to make sure you do everything you can to make sure it gets the traffic and attention that you want for it. Here are a few tips to help you take your idea and turn it into your most popular post yet.
- Write a post that teaches something. Popular content is content that is highly useful. Writing a post that teaches your readers how to do something is one way you can offer value to your audience.
- Write something new and fresh. Readers are more likely to share content that is different from what they’ve already seen.
- Take your time and invest plenty of effort. Slapping together a post for you blog is probably not the best way to go if you’re trying to create something that’s going to be popular. Take your time, do your research and put together your post with care.
- Don’t overlook your headline. You can write the best post you’ve ever written, but without a great headline it’s not going to get the traffic you want to see. The title of your post is what’s seen when people share your content on social media, so make it something that people are really going to want to click through and see more.
- Link to other bloggers you admire. Link to other bloggers you know in your post if they have posts that are relevant to what you’re writing. Who knows? Maybe they’ll click through to see who’s linking to them – if your post is outstanding, maybe they’ll even share it with their own readers.
- Write how you would talk to a friend. Don’t be too technical or stiff in your writing. Read your post out loud to see if it sounds natural. Use your blog to really engage and connect with your readers by riting with a voice that sounds like the way you would naturally speak.
- Get an editor. You can hire a professional editor to look over your work or even just get a friend to look over it. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes will catch errors and awkward wording that the author might overlook.
- Use photography to your advantage. A picture is worth a thousand words right? Using images to break up your text and add visual interest is essential for creating good blog content.
- Encourage discussion. Encourage your readers to comment on your post and share it on social media.
- Write for your readers, then optimize for search engines. While getting traffic to your post does mean implementing a few SEO tactics, it’s critical to write first for your readers and then go back and optimize your post.
These tips are all going to be helpful for creating your most popular post. While they’re all useful strategies to practice for each post you write, they are especially important when you have those really outstanding ideas that you want to add extra focus to.
When you're learning how to blog online for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog and make money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money with a blog, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.