Monthly Traffic Report – August 2011
Dukeo being a live case study, it’s important to keep track of traffic stats to follow the growth of this blog. I share the REAL stats of this website copied directly from Google Analytics.
Use these traffic reports to keep an idea of the kind of traffic you can generate over time when starting a blog from scratch, without leveraging any other web property.
Unique Visitors and Pageviews
Let’s start with some general data about this month traffic: unique visitors and pageviews. These two indicators are the most commonly used in web statistics. Every webmaster know how many unique visitors he is receiving monthly as well as the number of page impressions. Here is Dukeo’s data for this month:
You can see that the number of visitors stayed almost the same during past month. From the data I have gathered this comes for a couple main reasons:
- I had no interaction with other bloggers and readers on social networks.
- I didn’t join the discussion by posting comments on other people’s blogs
However, you can see that the number of pageviews increased again. I made a few changes including the removal of the Newsletter Lightbox to keep visitors from Search Engines longer on my pages, apparently it worked so far.
I’m going to have to start networking again with other bloggers during the upcoming month to grow my traffic again.
Here is a general overview of the sources where dukeo’s traffic has been coming from during the past month.
The shares of each type of traffic changed a lot: direct traffic and referred traffic shrinked probably because I didn’t interact much with other blogs, but it was completely compensated by the fast growth of search engine traffic.
Top 5 Traffic Sources
Wondering what are the top 5 traffic sources of dukeo.com? Here comes the answer.
Facebook traffic stayed quite low. This is not much of a surprise as I didn’t post any “Who is” post (artist is in holidays). The traffic from Google grew nicely to become the biggest source of traffic for past month. The traffic from Feedburner also increased probably thanks to being featured in the top posts of Affbuzz for 24 hours.
Top 10 Keywords
Following comes the list of the top 10 keywords which brought some traffic from search engines to dukeo.
- paris (28)
- news aggregator comments (25)
- dukeo (24)
- thai massage paris (14)
- john chow (13)
- text link ads review 2011 (12)
- about buysellads (11)
- kong restaurant paris (10)
- affiliate paying (9)
- niagara falls burger king (9)
I am starting to receive a decent chunk of traffic from search engines. My strategy of producing a lot of content is doing good so far!
Let’s add some interesting information about the number of keywords which are bringing traffic to dukeo.
- February: 71
- March: 166 (134% increase)
- April: 329 (98% increase)
- May: 520 (58% increase)
- June: 636 (22% increase)
- July: 828 (30% increase)
- August: 1292 (56% increase)
More and more keywords are getting traffic to Dukeo… I can’t wait to see next month stat!
Top 10 Posts/Pages
And finally, here is the list of the top 10 most viewed posts/pages during last month. This may include some posts which have been published during previous months but are still very popular or highly ranked in SERPs.
- Homepage (1432)
- How To Make Money Online With Fiverr (183)
- Blog Earnings Report – July 2011 (164)
- How To Make Money Online Building Websites For Mobile Phones (141)
- Review My Blog And Win Your Own Caricature ! (124)
- How To Make Money Online Writing Book Reviews (102)
- Speed Up your WordPress Blog with WP-Minify (102)
- Top 10 Posts of July 2011 (102)
- Affiliate Marketing Bloggers, Wondering Why Your Alexa Rank is Crashing? Affbuzz! (95)
- Delightful Thai Massage at La Villa Thai, Paris (95)
This is interesting to see that “How To” pages are attracting so many visitors, especially the “
How To Make Money Online With...” posts since this is going to grow as a whole post series. We’ll see how the other upcoming post series will do next month!