MapPress WP Plugin: Add Google Map to Your Blog
Maybe you are thinking about creating a blog aimed at local businesses, or maybe you are developing a travel blog. The thing is that a lot of blogs and websites are “location-related”. What I mean is that you may find it useful to share locations in your blog posts. It could be to locate a shop or a company, or to locate the city or country you are talking about in your post.
MapPress WordPress Plugin
For all your map needs, an amazing WordPress plugin exists, and it’s called: MapPress Easy Google Maps. MapPress adds an interactive map to the wordpress editing screens. When editing a post or page just enter any addresses you’d like to map.
Learn how I made $33,543 online in the past 12 months.
Simply input your best email below to get started.
The plugin will automatically insert a great-looking interactive map into your blog. Your readers can get directions right in your blog and you can even create custom HTML for the map markers (including pictures, links, etc.)!
MapPress WordPress Plugin feature list
- MapPress is based on the latest Google maps API v3 – it’s fast, optimized for mobile phones – and no API keys are required!
- Create maps from custom fields
- Custom post types are supported
- Easily create maps right in the standard post edit and page edit screens
- Add markers for any address, place or latitude/longitude location, or drag markers where you want them
- Create custom text and HTML for the markers, including photos, links, etc.
- Street view supported
- Readers can get driving, walking and bicycling directions right in your blog. Directions can be dragged to change waypoints or route
- Multiple maps can be created in a single post or page
- Automatically create a table of locations under each map
- Real-time traffic
- Shortcodes with many parameters: “mapid” (to specify which map to show), “width” “height”, “zoom”, etc
- Programming API to develop your own mapping plugins
MapPress WordPress Plugin installation
- Unzip the files into a directory in
/wp-content/plugins/, for example
/wp-content/plugins/mappress-google-maps-for-wordpress. Be sure to put all of the files in this directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it – now you’ll see a MapPress meta box in in the ‘edit posts’ screen. You can use it to add maps to your posts just by entering the address to display and an (optional) comment for that address.