Guest Post Validation: 5 Ways to Make Sure You Get Published
Guest blogging is a great way to increase your exposure and build some quality backlinks. And it’s such a hot topic right now that it seems like everyone is just mailing off guest posts and getting published on blogs all over the web. Don’t let those other bloggers fool you. It’s tougher than they’re letting on. Here are 5 ways to make sure your guest post gets published so you can start bragging, too.
Learn how I made $33,543 online in the past 12 months.
Simply input your best email below to get started.
- Read the blog: The most important thing you need to do is read the blog before you submit a guest post. You need to know what the focus is so you can submit relevant content. Read content written by the blog owner to see what he talks about and how he addresses his audience. And read other guest posts to see what’s acceptable. Read the comments to see how readers react and learn what questions they’re asking.
- Use keywords: Just because you’re writing for someone else’s blog that doesn’t mean you can disregard standard blogging procedures. SEO is important for every blog. In fact, if you’re not using keywords to target your traffic then maybe you should hold off on that guest post until you learn more about it. Your goal, as a guest blogger, is not just to take up space on the blog. You’re there to offer new opinions, different viewpoints, and most important, to attract new traffic. SEO is a must.
- Be unique: The blog owner is offering you an opportunity to put your name in front of a completely new audience. But he’s not doing it out of the kindness of his heart. Nor is he doing it because he has a hole in his content and he doesn’t feel like writing today. He wants you to write something that brings new eyes to his blog and the best way to do that is to write something interesting, something compelling. Fresh, unique content that no one has ever seen before. This is your 15 minutes of fame, your time in the spotlight. Write the best content you’ve ever written in your life.
- Follow the rules: Some bloggers who regularly use guest posts have a page or post on their blog that gives specific guidelines for handling guest post submissions. If they do, then follow those guidelines exactly as written.
On the other hand, some bloggers would just prefer that you not even bother contacting them in advance. They don’t have time to go back and forth granting permission and answering questions. Just write your post and submit it. If they want to use it they will and if they don’t, after a couple of weeks, go ahead and use it yourself.
- Be bold and decisive: This isn’t the time to be shy and mousy. Step up and make a statement. Don’t email that blogger and ask them what they’d like you to write about. Tell him about your idea. In fact, just write the article and send it. A don’t be afraid of controversial articles. Controversy breeds discussion and blogs live and breathe in the comment section. Don’t be afraid of that blogger just because he has a big name or his blog has a high PR or tons of traffic. That man behind the curtain is just a man and he’ll have much more respect for him if you’re bold and decisive.
I know I said 5 ways to make sure your guest post gets published, but I thought I’d throw in a bonus. So here’s Tip Number 6, the Bonus Tip:
Write a great title! Busy bloggers don’t have time to write a title for your post. (They also don’t have time to check spelling and grammar, and make sure your links work and write a byline for you. So make sure you do all of that yourself.) But a lot of bloggers will submit a guest post and leave the title up to the blog owner. But that’s one of the most important parts of the post. The title is what brings the audience into the theater.
To write a killer title you need to include a keyword relevant to the article content. Then, tell the reader what they’ll learn when they read the post. And then tell them how that information will benefit them.
For example, “5 Ways to Make Sure Your Guest Post Gets Published So You Can Get More Traffic To Your Blog“. That title includes the key word, guest post. It tells you what you’re going to learn, how to get it published. And it tells you how it will benefit you to read the article, you’ll get more traffic to your blog. Now that you know how to do it, go out there and get your guest posts published.
When you're learning how to make money blogging, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog and make money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to blog online for money, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.