Easy Blogging: 30 Ways to Make Simple
From the outside looking in blogging looks like the easiest way in the world to make money. Once you’ve seen the potential, blogging becomes a lot more complicated. You begin pushing yourself to learn more, and learn it faster. You start working longer hours, having less fun and pretty soon blogging becomes just another job. And a stressful one, at that.
Successful bloggers who’ve been at it for a while all develop their own little tips and secrets that help make blogging fun again. Here are 30 things I do to make blogging easier and if you ask another blogger you’ll probably get a list of 30 more.
- Use article templates and all you have to do is fill in the blanks
- Limit publishing to four days a week. Set aside one full day a week for special projects
- Don’t work til you drop, set a schedule a stick to it
- Move frequently used icons to your taskbar
- Use Notepad to take notes, organize, prioritize and file at the end of the day
- Check email once a day and take care of it as you go
- Use WordPress. It’s designed for bloggers and it’s the easiest platform available
- Eliminate distractions like chat programs and your television
- Choose a broad niche so you’re never at a loss for content
- Take a 15-minute break every two hours. Step away from your computer and stretch
- Just start writing. In 14 minutes you’ll feel fine.
- Have a goal or purpose for every piece of content
- Approach your business with enthusiasm
- If you can’t be enthusiastic you need a new plan
- Experiment. Try something new. Go ahead and make that video. You know you want to.
- Eat right, drink plenty of water and get some exercise
- Visualize your goals at the start of each day
- Always be setting new goals
- Always be on the lookout for content ideas
- Don’t over think it. This isn’t rocket science
- Take notes. That might make a killer To-Do article
- Spend one hour a day or one day a week extending your reach into new markets
- When you’re in the mood – write! File it away for those days when you’re not in the mood
- Use a calendar to create To-Do lists for every day you work and then mark things off when you’re done
- Go off-topic occasionally and give yourself and your readers a little variety
- Take at least one full day a week away from your computer to spend time with family and friends
- Get out and interact with other people in your community
- Recruit some guest bloggers or regular contributors you can rely on and whose content you enjoy
- Follow the news in your niche and you won’t have to spend as much time on research
- Monitor your analytics so you know what’s hot and what’s not
When you're learning how to blog for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start blogging for money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money blogging, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.