Blogging Process: System That Lead to Success
Making that first sale on their blog is an event that most bloggers remember like it happened only yesterday. But leading up to any event is a process, a certain combination of steps you have to take to make that event a reality.
During the course of your blogging career you’ll experience many milestone events. But before you do, you’ll have to understand and master the processes that make each of those events possible. Confusing? Yeah, me, too. Let’s break it down and take a closer look.
Setting Up Your Blog
Before you can even start blogging you have to go through several processes:
- Choose Your Niche: You could sit down and blog about anything you want but if you want to make money with your blog you’ll need to learn how to choose a profitable niche.
- Buy Your Domain: Choosing that right domain name makes it easier to attract traffic, but you also need to consider how you’re going to brand your business.
- Design Your Blog: Your blog will be your first point of contact and you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
- Market Research: Now that you know what you want to blog about you’ll need to learn how to do market research and find your target audience.
Now that you have a blog, a whole new series of processes begins:
- Content Creation: It might look like some bloggers just sit down and … blog, but there’s a lot more to it than that. You’ll need to learn how to write compelling content and how to use keywords.
- Search Engine Optimization: A large part of your success rides on your ability to optimize your blog and your content for the search engines.
- Traffic Generation: There are about a zillion different ways to generate traffic and you’ll need to learn which works best for your target audience.
- Guest Blogging: Guest blogging help increase your reach and there’s a whole process involved, including learning how to write content that gets accepted and learning where to find the best places to publish your articles.
- Networking: Building networks within the blogging community is essential but you’re not looking for a group of friends. You need to learn to recognize who might be a valuable business associate.
- Linkbuilding: Without links your blog is dead. This is one of the most crucial processes in blogging and it takes time to learn how to do it right.
And finally, once you’ve started to see consistent growth in your traffic numbers, you move into the monetization phase of blogging, which also involved processes:
- Market Research: There’s a big difference between what you want to sell and what your readers are looking for. You’ll need to learn how to analyze the needs and wants of your readers.
- Product Creation: You can sell anything you want to on your blog but eventually you’re going to want to promote your own products and services. You’ll need to know the processes involved in product creation and you’re actually going to go through several “learning processes” that will show you why this is so important.
- Promotion: To sell anything you have to learn how to be a salesperson, an online salesperson, and there’s a lot to learn.
But it doesn’t end there. If you want to continue growing your business you have to keep cycling through the processes, that “Wash, Rinse, and Repeat” thing you keep hearing about.
The good news is, once you’ve mastered the processes that lead to blogging success it’s much easier to see that you have unlimited opportunities for growth. You can take literally take your business in any direction you want and you’ll see that growing your business is actually much easier now that you understand all the processes.
When you're learning how to make money off a blog, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money blogging, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.