Blogging & Personal Attributes: Are You Good Enough?
If you’re going to use your blog to make money then your blog is going to be your business. And when you run your own business, especially a blog, you have no one to blame things on if something goes wrong – you’re it. You’re the writer, the technician, the bookkeeper, and the marketing executive, all rolled into one. You don’t need a lot of specialized skills to start blogging but you do need certain personality traits to succeed in any self-owned business. Are your personal attributes good enough for blogging, or are you better off keeping that job?
Learn how I made $33,543 online in the past 12 months.
Simply input your best email below to get started.
- You’ll need self-confidence: You might be blogging from home where you’re all alone, sitting behind a desk, but you’re going to be connecting with people all day long. You need to have enough self-confidence to reach out and connect with the people who visit your blog and with other bloggers who can answer questions and offer advice.
- You’ll need a thick skin: No matter how great your blog is there’s always going to be some troll or flamer who leaves a nasty comment, and you’re going to run into them in the social networks and forums while you’re promoting your blog. You’ll need a thick skin so you can ignore these guys, otherwise you’ll end up letting them effect your business.
- You’ll need to be disciplined: When you’re working at home in your jammies it’s very easy to turn on that TV and get lost in the Soaps. Worse, you’re working online where you can jump into dozens of games or start chatting up friends online. As your blog grows so will your list of things to do and you’ll need self-discipline so you can avoid these distractions and look after your business.
- You’ll need to be able to push forward: Obstacles pop up in any business but you have to be able to keep moving forward. If you’re the type that lets one mistake or failure stop you in your path then you’re really not cut out for blogging. Trust me – you’re going to have so much to learn and so many different choices to make. You need to be able to push forward.
- You’ll need to want to blog: Blogging might look like it’s all fun and games but this is a business. And with any business you have certain necessary tasks to perform, some of them monotonous, boring or difficult. Add to that the fact that there are millions of other bloggers out there you’ll need to compete with and you can see it’s not a game. If you hated your factory job because it wasn’t what you wanted to do, then you’re eventually going to hate blogging to if it’s not what you want to do.
- You need to be bold: You probably think that just the idea of starting a blogging business is a big enough risk, but that’s only the beginning. You’re going to have to learn all kinds of new things including new technology and new marketing methods, and you’re going to have to be willing to jump in there and install that program or contact that other blogger. Fear of failure isn’t an option. You’re going to be asked to step outside your comfort zone on a daily basis. You don’t have to be a Super Hero, but your list of personal attributes definitely needs to include “Risk-Taker” if you want to build a blogging business.
When you're learning how to blog online for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money with a blog, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.