Blogging Mastermind Group: Here Is Why You Should Have One
If you’re interested in taking blogging seriously, there’s one element that many people forget about or ignore which can make your progress easier by leaps and bounds: starting or joining a blogging mastermind group.
What Is A Blogging Mastermind Group?
It sounds like something a cartoon villain might join, doesn’t it? But the simple fact is that a blogging mastermind group is a group of like-minded bloggers working together towards a common goal.
“Hmm,” you may be thinking. “That sounds interesting enough, but I don’t see how that will make a big difference in my blogging.”
Let me show you just how wrong you are. Here’s a list of things you’ll get from joining or creating a blogging mastermind group:
- Support. Unfortunately, blogging is still an oft-misunderstood activity. Trying to explain why it matters if your blog gets on the front page of Reddit to non-blogging friends can be frustrating. This can create a feeling like you’re alone in the world, with nobody to share accomplishments and downfalls with that will actually understand. Having a group of other bloggers to talk to on hand solves this issue immediately.
- Feedback. By being in a blogging mastermind group, you’ll be able to immediately get feedback from other people who know what they’re talking about, and what your end goals are. They can tell you if that headline really works or if it’s a flop, and how you can tweak it to better suit its purpose.
- Accountability. As we all know, you’re infinitely more likely to complete a goal if someone else knows about your goal and how you plan to get there. Sharing goals once a week or once a month with a group of people helps keep you and everyone else on track, because you know you’re going to have to check back in soon and talk about how you accomplished your goal.
- Publicity. Most blogging mastermind groups make it a point for members to help other members. Among the other things listed, this means that you’ll have other people (who might have different followers than you, or more followers) retweeting your posts and possibly sharing them in other ways as well. Because of this, if one member of your blogging mastermind group starts to get more publicity, chances are that some of it will be shared with everyone else in the group.
- Momentum. If you’re actively talking to others and seeing their goals, it’s likely to motivate you to reach higher as well. When you see that someone in a similar position is setting a goal of posting five times a week, and you’re currently posting three, it makes you want to keep up. In a similar vein, the feeling of momentum that you get from completing your goals is multiplied when you’re sharing the fact that you did complete those goals with other people.
Sounds like a pretty good deal, right? Add that to the fact that most blogging mastermind groups are totally free, because they’re started by a bunch of bloggers with similar goals who want to work together, and you’ve got a no brainer! The obvious action to take is to find or start a blogging mastermind group today.
When you're learning how to make money with a blog, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a successful blog for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money blogging, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.