Blogs Traffic Tips: Here Is The Top 10
Nothing is more important to a blog than traffic. Without traffic there are no readers. This means the blog is not successful and there is no chance of income from it. So it makes sense that you want to know the best way to acquire and retain the traffic you need. Actually there are ten tips that can help you do just that.
- No matter what else you may see, read or hear there is nothing more important to your traffic than your content. Without quality content no one will want to read what you write. This means it is detrimental that you focus on always providing stellar content for your readers. This is what will keep you in business and lead to the income you hope to acquire.
- Along the same lines, you want to be consistent. In other words you want a set theme for your blog. If you are a food blog then don’t venture off into posts about your kids. Stick to food related information. Consistency is what retains the readers you have attracted.
- Still focused on the posts, you need to update regularly. Readers expect to see new information often. If you wait weeks between posting you will lose traffic. You will also lose faithful readers. After all, no one wants to follow a blog that they have no idea when will be updated.
- Catch their attention from the beginning. Many readers decide whether to visit a page or read a post based entirely on the headline. If it is boring it will get overlooked and so will your site. Create headlines that make a reader think they must finish the story. This is the best way to keep them coming back again and again.
- Offer up some fun for your readers. Give them a chance to participate. Put up some giveaways or contests. Ask questions and take polls. Anything that brings about interaction among them will stir up traffic.
- Take advantage of keywords that are popular. If you are writing about a topic that may be hot at the moment, use those keywords as often as possible. This helps your post to get picked up by the search engines. That will lead to more traffic and you will see the results.
- One more tip on the posting. Take advantage of guest bloggers. Not only does this give your readers something new and fresh, it also allows the guest blogger to advertise on their site. This brings their traffic to you as well. It gives your readers some change and gives you a chance to attract those who have never been to your site before.
- The look of your blog will impact your traffic as well. Most successful blogs have an attractive design that is simple to navigate for users. If you get too complex the reader will leave. If the design is unattractive they may find the content doesn’t provide as much satisfaction. Keep it simple, yet stylish.
- Use social media to build your fan base. Every time you add a new post provide the link on your social media sites. Those who follow you will click to read and possibly even share. This gives you more traffic with very little effort.
- Finally, never stop advertising. Post on other blogs. Add a signature email line. Anything you can do to get your blog out there should be done. The more you promote, the more traffic you will see.
When you're learning how to blog for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog and make money for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to blog for money, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.