Basic Blogging Goals: 10 Realistic Goals To Put On Your List
Everybody’s always telling you if you want to be successful you need to set goals. They also tell you those goals need to be realistic and easy to reach and blah, blah, blah. But nobody ever really comes right out and tells you what goals to set. Well here it is. My list of 10 realistic blogging goals that are easy to achieve and, once you reach them, you’ll see a significant improvement in your business.
- Join a new social network: If you already belong to two, make it three. If you already belong to three, make it four. One more social network won’t make a significant difference in your workload but it will substantially extend your reach and increase your traffic. Just one more. You can do it!
- Get a new theme: If you’re using the same boring free theme you’ve been using since the day you started your blog it’s time to liven things up a bit. Get a Premium theme, like Genesis or Thesis. They’re designed with SEO and easy customization in mind.
- Create your own product: No more procrastinating. No matter what niche you’re blogging in your authority and credibility will skyrocket when you start creating your own products. Start with a simple ebook and take baby steps if you have to. Just do it.
- Publish for Kindle: Start building a library of your own content at Amazon. Again, you’ll increase your credibility and authority and the Amazon marketplace is just one more marketing tool you can use to extend your reach.
- Start guest blogging: Look for well-respected sites that will allow you to do some guest blogging. Do NOT use this as a method to build links. It’s much more than that. Create some top-quality content, get it published on a high-ranking blog, and suddenly, it’s like “Cheers” – everybody knows your name!
- Become an SEO expert: There’s so much to learn about search engine optimization and even one tiny change can make a huge difference. Learn why your load time is important and what you can do to improve it. Learn what’s going on with keyword density these days, what’s the best way to build link authority, and whether or not you should allow guest bloggers. Google puts through hundreds of updates each year and the better informed you are the better your rankings.
- Target a larger audience: Add one new category to your blog and reach out for a larger share of the market. It doesn’t have to be a big addition, either. But if your readers are already interested in How To Make Money Blogging, they’ll probably also be interested in How To Make Money Flipping Blogs and you’ll be able to pull in new readers, too.
- Collaborate with another blogger: Connect with one other blogger and start collaborating. Promote posts for each other, guest blog for each other, and maybe work on a joint venture where you can both make some extra sales.
- Outsource something remarkable: Hire someone to draw cool caricatures for your blog, or a monthly comic strip or a remarkable infographic or video. Instead of outsourcing the typical, generic blog content like everyone else does, outsource something you can’t do yourself that will bring something new to your blog.
- Take a vacation: How long has it been since you took any real time away from your blog? Make it one of your goals to get away for at least a week this year. Plan ahead and schedule your content and newsletters and then shut down your computer. You’ll be surprised at how much more enthusiasm you have when you come back to your blog.
When you're learning how to blog for money, you need to understand that the very first step is to create a website. If you're interested in starting your own blog, I have written a step-by-step guide that will show you how to start a blog for as little as $3.49 per month (this low price is guaranteed only through my link). You will also receive your own domain name for free ($15 value) by clicking on this link and purchasing at least 12 months of hosting with BlueHost. Keep in mind that if you're learning how to make money off a blog, the first thing you need is your own self-hosted website. It will help you look more professional in front of your visitors, clients, companies, and everyone else.